Citizens Youth Camp 2014

Every single year I look forward to this one week in the summer like no other. A precious time for the youth to spend in fellowship and an important time for our youth to be reminded of the richness of the gospel. The youth camp this year has been like no other. It has got to be one of the best if not the best youth camp that I have been a part of.

I have to say that I was blessed to be part of this camp. I am not the same man that I was before I came to camp because of the power of the truth that was so vividly preached throughout the time of camp. This is why I want to briefly reflect on some things that I've learned in camp. 

First of all, the topic of the kingdom of God is a very deep and real topic. The kingdom of God wasn't just a metaphor that was used to explain the gospel, but the kingdom of God is a reality of the work of God in our lives. It was amazing to see how the Old Testament points to this kingdom so vividly and then the coming of the King Jesus in the New Testament. 

There was something that I took away from each sermon. But overall, my eyes were open first, to see the reality of this kingdom. I felt like my perspective on the gospel was broadened as well as seeing my role in this amazing kingdom that I am a part of. Through this truth working in my heart, I was able to see the significance of my life in the big picture of the gospel. Even though play a small role in His kingdom, I still have a valuable opportunity to point to King Jesus with my life. When I understand this, every moment in my life becomes valuable, every breath becomes a chance to sing of His worth!

One last thing. I was convicted from this camp of how little I do for the kingdom of God. There are endless opportunities to build this kingdom and enjoy it, but there is little that I actually do. I want to do as much as I can to bring the kingdom of God into the lives of the people around me. And that is my one desire after this camp. I want to grow in my understanding of this kingdom and do as much as I can for this kingdom. I want to use my God-given talents and abilities to progress the kingdom in my family, our youth, our church, and our city.

Comments

Popular Posts