Maintaining assurance as I dive into a sea of uncertainties


As I am nearing my university graduation, I am faced with many uncertainties. I have never felt this much unpredictability before in my life. It seems that as we get older, our responsibilities increase and we are expected to make critical decisions in our life, which have great consequences that will follow us and consequently, will define who we are.

Attending and graduating school is expected of everyone in our society. These are very predictable years of our life. However, what follows that, is completely up to every individual. As I approach this transition in my life, I am aware of the many possibilities that lie ahead, at the same time, I understand my limitations. Knowing this, however, does not reduce the uncertainty of my future.

I still have no idea of where I want to be in five or ten years and I am still perplexed when it comes to the question of what career I will have in the future. However, in the midst of such uncertainties about my future, there are some things that I am quite clear about; I know exactly what I want to center my life around. I am convinced that my life serves a greater purpose than simply achieving my own goals, whether short-term or long-term.  

I am confident that no matter how “long-term” our goals are, they are not long enough, if they do not take the glory of God into attention. I make this stance because I am assured that the glory of God will endure for eternity. I have come to the assurance that my life cannot and will not have any worth if it is not lived for the glory of the One who has given it to me. This is what I am certain about and this is what I want to live for.

I may not know exactly what I will be doing in the future, but I am certain that I will be striving to live each moment of my life for the glory of God. This is what I was made for and this is my greatest passion and my one desire!


Comments

Popular Posts