His Faithfulness


I am blessed to have been raised in a family that values education and learning. Migrating to the US reinforced the idea of the importance of education in my parents and caused them to see the necessity of it for our lives. They wanted us to pursue careers that we would enjoy and as a result, we were given the freedom to choose what we wanted to do.

Receiving no initial direction and guidance from anyone, it was difficult for me to understand what exactly it was that I enjoyed doing. As the years went by, I began to discover subject matters that interested me. I realized that I enjoyed using my imagination to create things. I was inspired by various forms of art. I also discovered my passion for working with people and getting to know their unique personalities.

My passion for art and design led me to pursue a degree in graphic design. After receiving multiple letters of declination, I set this dream aside and began to pursue my other passion. I was very glad to have received a letter of acceptance from the Communication Studies department a few months later. I spent the next couple years studying the principles and the art of communication. To my surprise, my studies were very applicable to many areas of life, one of them being my involvement in the church.

As I was studying, I continued doing graphic design work on the side with several non profit organizations around town. I was also able to earn some money doing design work for several clients. In the end, graduating with a degree in communication and having experience in graphic design allowed me to become a strong competitor in the world of marketing. Looking back, I am very grateful to the Lord for the opportunities that He has granted me to get me where I am right now.

My future is still unclear. Uncertainties remain. But now, more than ever before, I can see the faithfulness of the Lord and His provision for my life. I am grateful to be where I am right now and I am excited to find out where He will take me in the future, as I eagerly place my trust in His faithfulness!

Comments

Popular Posts