Our longing for change


Every new year brings with itself a longing for change. The transition from one year to the next makes us reflect on the past year, making us suddenly aware of the ample room that our lives have for change. We want change and we want it now! So we tell ourselves that we will instantly, over one night, start doing something we haven't found the time or motivation to do in the passing year. Consequently, we come up with a list of things we promise ourselves to do.

I personally enjoy this time of the year because it highlights my personal values and convictions more than any other time of the year. Anyone who is considering making any change in the new year, does so, out of a desire to live up to their personal convictions. I want to see positive change in the upcoming year in areas of my life where I fail to live up to my convictions. I want to make resolutions that will enable me to become my truest self.

This upcoming year, I am excited to start a Bible reading plan with The Bible Project. It is unique because it allows readers to get an overview of the passage that they are reading. This way, readers already have a sense of what to expect and they can enjoy reading it instead of trying to figure it out on their own. The guys from The Bible Project will release videos about each section of the bible throughout the entirety of the year.

Resolutions can serve us greatly in many ways, however, one must truly be resolute to make a resolution. The greatest problem with resolutions is our unwillingness and lack of determination to change. Resolving to do something that we are not fully determined to do is not resolving at all. Yet, countless people approach this custom of resolving numerous things with very little determination simply because it is that time of year.

Comments

Popular Posts