An unquenchable thirst


Over the last several years of my life, I have observed a longing deep within that is becoming more evident to me with every single day. It's a pursuit that has always been inside of me. I was born with a sense of wanting something more. It's a never ending craving for a bigger, better reality. Every person has room in their hearts for something more. Each day serves as an opportunity for us to fill this void with something. We live each moment of our lives desiring to attain something more. I am not talking about discontentment that exists in people who are unhappy with what they have. It is rather a natural pursuit to attain something more.

After I graduated from university I was soon blessed with a temporary job that eventually led me to a full-time job in a field that I've always looked forward to working in. Meanwhile, getting to know the most beautiful and amazing girl soon led to our engagement, leaving us both excited and thrilled to spend the rest of our lives together in marriage.

As I observe the last year of my life, I notice a great progression of events and circumstances that are leading me further and further in life. I am humbled and amazed at the work of God in my life as I fully recognize His sovereignty over every part of my life. However, I also realize that the longing for a better reality is pushing me to decisions I never imagined myself to make.

Where will I lead my family? What will I live for? What will I try to attain in my life? These questions loom vividly in my mind. I pray that my greatest desire would be to live by God's will and do everything for His glory. Regardless of the circumstances, I pray that the gospel story of Jesus and his love for sinners like myself would never get old in my life. No matter where God takes me in this life, I pray that I would treasure Jesus so much that He would never leave my thoughts. I want my whole life to reflect Him in a way that would make me nothing and make Him everything!


Comments

Popular Posts