Still waiting



I was looking for a job and was eager to find something that would be in my field of study. Each week, I would scroll through hundreds of job openings and send out a handful of resumes to hiring managers. This was a time when I was really put to the test of whether or not I really trusted God. As I reflect on this season of my life, which lies behind me, I realize just how important that time of waiting was for me because I was able to learn to find peace in the midst of the unknown and hold on to the promises of God.

A lot has changed since then. God has blessed me with a full-time job, where I will soon start doing the work that I am very passionate about. During all this time, God has blessed me with a privilege to start a relationship with the most beautiful and amazing lady who I love a lot! She has been through these challenges alongside me, encouraging me and praying for me. I am very grateful for March! As we prepare for our life together, we are starting to count down the days to our marriage with great anticipation for a new reality ahead. And yet another season of waiting begins!

Waiting for marriage is unlike waiting for anything else. In less than two months, after we say our vows and officially become husband and wife, we will enter into a new reality that we have never experienced before. Having a role of a son in my family was everything that I have ever known during my life. In a few weeks, all of this will change.

I will leave my parents, their home, as well as their authority. I will no longer be dependent on them but will join my life with the life of my wife. My new role will be to lead my wife, provide for her, and love her. I am very thrilled to face this new reality because I have seen how God has been preparing me for this journey, especially in the last couple years of my life.

Even though marriage is approaching shortly, and we are both excited to accept our new roles after marriage, we still have to live each day fulfilling our current ones. More than any other season of my life, this one has shown me just how easily I can make decisions based off of my emotions, rather than my convictions and values.

It is very easy for March and I to place our relationship over every other one in our lives, after all, it will eventually become the most important one. However, we cannot do this right now. This time of waiting involves being faithful to our current roles. The waiting forces us, and especially myself since I am the initiator, to limit our time spent together. The waiting involves trusting God that He will bless the wedding preparation, our relationship, and our purity with our minimal time spent together.

I love March a lot and I want to honor God in this season of waiting because He knows what is best for both of us. It is important for us to understand that this God-given time is necessary. We are to be patient with God's timing as we live out our current roles, knowing that the waiting will bring great joy!

Comments

  1. Ahh God is so good! I am so happy and excited for you two! Praying for your progress with the wedding and the house and everything else:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts