Looking ahead to marriage


Twenty more days and then my life will change forever. It will be a start to a new journey. Two lives will become one. My life will be united with the life of my wife for as long as we live.

As I look forward to marriage, I understand the fact that I know very little about what marriage is like. I realize that I may not be fully prepared for it. I am aware of the fact that marriage itself will not solve all of my problems. I totally get that marriage will be hard work. But I have witnessed God leading me to it, filling my heart with a desire and longing for March and preparing me to spend the rest of my life with her.

When people set out on a journey to seek an adventure, they may have an idea of where they want to go, but they are clueless to the challenges and difficulties that lie ahead. And if these travelers persist to the end, despite the challenges, they will come to the end of the road with a lot of stories to tell their friends back home. Marriage is a commitment to a life-long journey together with another person. It is an agreement to continue together no matter what may come up on the road of life.

In less than a month, I will stand before my love and tell her that I will spend the rest of my life loving her, leading her and serving her. I am sure that we will face many challenges together. I am certain that this new life will be unlike anything else I have ever experienced. And despite the challenges and difficulties that await us in the future, I am excited and am ready to take March to be my wife for as long as we live!

Comments

Popular Posts